Thursday, July 24, 2014

Continuing to Trust

     After posting my first blog entry the other day, I was so overwhelmed with the responses. So many friends and acquaintances reached out to me with a kind, encouraging word and just to say they are praying for us. Have I said before how blessed I am to have such wonderful people surrounding me during this time? Anyways, that evening with so much emotion going through my brain plus all the pregnancy hormones going through my body, I just broke down in tears with Josh. The great husband that he is, he listened and prayed with me. During his prayer, these words kept going through my head: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." The rest of this verse from Proverbs goes on to say, "In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6). One of the benefits of staying in God's word is being reminded of these truths at just the time you need it. This was one of those times! I am definitely trusting in the Lord through  everything we are going through, but sometimes it's nice when the Holy Spirit reminds me to do so :)
     This brings me to the update on Breckin from our doctor's visit today. One of the benefits of having a baby with some type of issue is that I get to see her all the time! She was a little mover today and sitting her cute little booty right on my bladder (this explains the need to pee constantly!). The fluid in her brain measured the same which means it hasn't gotten worse. The left side of her heart which is the side that isn't working as well has some blood flow going through it which the nurse says is great! Apparently a lot of babies with HLHS have no blood flow going through that left side. She has no swelling around the heart or in the belly which would be a sign of her heart having to work too hard. Also, she has great blood flow going through her aorta. The nurse said this was great and that she was actually impressed by how great the blood flow is. I just looked at Josh and smiled because I wasn't surprised. I serve an Almighty God who created Breckin and allowed her to have an impressive blood flow! Josh and I were very pleased with this report and the doctor seemed pleased as well. Next week is the appointment with the pediatric cardiologist where we will know more about her heart. I am so excited to see what God is going to continue to unfold in His plan with our sweet baby girl!

Love,
Brooke

Here's another picture of Breckin. We think she looks just like Harper here

No comments:

Post a Comment